Last Sunday I drove deep into the woods of Fairfield County to meet two new volunteers at their "Home With Friends" family. As I drove up the drive way I saw the boys were already engaged in a basketball game with their special friend and I was awed by the beautiful sight. Had my car not been seen I would of just sat there for a while watching, because it was so moving. So, I alighted from my car and as I approached,"Joey" (not his real name) came right up to me and hugged me. I stood there with my eyes downcast because I did not want the family to see my tears during that very emotional moment. I remembered the first time I met him two years ago and tried to talk to him and engage him and he just stood there.....
So what is The Circle of Friends? I really don't know how to describe it any other way except to say it's that moment when you look at someone and can not only feel their special soul.... but you can actually touch it.
As we open this Circle of Friends Blog, I invite all of you who are involved in The Circle of Friends to share and post your thoughts and experiences.
Sincerely, Freida Hecht
No comments:
Post a Comment